New Mexico 9000
Every business owner is looking for ways to expand revenue, increase new business opportunities, and optimize efficiency. The New Mexico Economic Development Department provides the tools and knowledge for ISO 9001:2008 certification through the NM 9000 program.
What is New Mexico 9000?
New Mexico 9000 was created by the New Mexico Economic Development Department to provide training and assistance to New Mexico businesses in preparing for ISO 9001:2008.
Trained professionals will conduct ISO 9001:2008 classes in:
- Internal Auditing
- Writing Standard Operating Procedures
- Writing Work Instructions
- Understanding the Standard
Training will be broken into (6) 1/2 day sessions over a 3-6 month period.
Why should my small business become ISO compliant?
- ISO is a general Quality Management System.
- INTEL, Boeing, and many other companies are requiring that their first tier suppliers be ISO 9001 certified. In turn, those suppliers are requiring that their suppliers be ISO 9000 certified. Governmental agencies such as DOD, NASA and NNSA are also requiring ISO certification of their providers.
- The ISO 9000 standards have been adopted by 178 countries. There are more than 1 million companies worldwide that have registered to the ISO standards.
- Costs associated with obtaining, maintaining, and renewing your ISO registration are tax deductible (IRS Bulletin 2000-04).
Advantages of ISO 9001:2008 Registration:
- Improved awareness of company objectives
- Responsibilities clearly defined
- Improved effectiveness and efficiency
- Provides a foundation for continuous improvement
- Improved relationships with customers & suppliers
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Formalized systems ensure consistent quality and on-time delivery
- Ability to bid for contracts with ISO requirements
- Continuous quality assessment by experienced professionals
For more information, please contact the New Mexico Manufacturing Extension Partnership at (505) 262-0921.